17 October 2009

Activities With Spiritual Purpose


It doesn't mean that all I do is sit and chant and meditate, and I don't eat, I don't talk to anyone, I don't work, I don't function, I enter into some sort of o-zone and I'm never seen again.
It's practical. I realise my relationship with the Supreme or with Krishna, and in that relationship I see everything else.
If I'm married I see, that marriage means that, there's two of us, for spiritual advancement. It's not just a mutual sense gratification society of two. But it has now a spiritual connection, and if there's children then there's more people to make spiritual progress. If there's something I'm doing in the world, suppose I was making some money the money can be used in Krishna's service. If I have a microphone I could use it........ Anything! So it doesn't mean dropping activities because activity is illusion. But it means infusing all of our activities with spiritual purpose!

(Jayadvaita Swami 10/2007)

0 comment on "Activities With Spiritual Purpose"

Add your comment. Please don't spam!
Subscribe in a Reader

Post a Comment

 

Jayadvaita Swami Blog | Copyright © 2009 | Original Design By Deluxe Themes | Converted To Blogger By Technolizard