16 October 2009

“Temporarily Mine” means it's not actually mine!


AUDIENCE: ... you bought it with your money, so it is your property isn't it?

JAYADVAITA SWAMI: Really? You know I buy a car with my money and then it's my car? Then someone else buys it from me then it's his car, then it goes to the next person then it's his car. So temporarily you can say it's mine, but “temporarily mine” means it's not actually mine. It only means it's in my hands for some time. Like I say “My money, I have £5 this is my mine,” But five minutes ago it was not mine and when I spend it again it's not mine. So my claim “This is my money,” is not a substantial claim. And even while it's in my hands it's not mine. It's not actually my property. In the Bhagavad Gita we hear from Krishna that: “It's My property!' Krishna says: “Whatever there is, is my energy.”
As the sunlight is the energy of the sun, everything is ultimately the energy of the Supreme.

(Jayadvaita Swami 10/2007)

0 comment on "“Temporarily Mine” means it's not actually mine!"

Add your comment. Please don't spam!
Subscribe in a Reader

Post a Comment

 

Jayadvaita Swami Blog | Copyright © 2009 | Original Design By Deluxe Themes | Converted To Blogger By Technolizard